* Use timers to make a home look occupied if it is going to be empty for a prolonged period of time.
* If purchasing a new home invest in an entire “re-keying” of the property. This is also a good idea if you have lost your keys and are unable to relocate them.
* When relying on spare keys, do not hide them, but rather leave a spare key with a trusted neighbor. This is a safer alternative since many burglaries occur due to spare keys under the doormat or in a flowerpot.
* Burglary of residential properties accounted for 67.9 percent of all burglary offenses.
* Have a dependable and monitored home security system installed.
An ADT monitored home security system is not only an excellent investment www.nikeairyeezy-2.org/, but it is also the best crime prevention for your home and family. Most convicted criminals point out that they would simply walk away from a property that exhibited home security tags. The best part is that whether you are home or away, you have 24/7 monitoring to guarantee that your home is being protected Air Yeezy 2 For Sale, at all times. With proper safety precautions and a monitored
* Keep doors and windows locked, even those on second stories. What many burglaries do is enter through these open windows and balcony or porch doors.
* Close the garage door, because an open garage door is an open invitation into the home. Garage doors should be closed even when a homeowner is at home.
* Offenses for which time of occurrence was known showed that more residential burglaries (63.6 percent) occurred during the daytime, while 56.4 percent of nonresidential burglaries occurred during nighttime hours.
These facts are shocking to say the least, because they are an attack against the place where one should feel the safest and free, the home. The good news however is that you can do something to prevent your family and home from being victimized by such acts of violence. Here are some great security facts everyone needs to know in order to help protect you and your family:
* Offenses for which time of occurrence was known showed that 57.4 percent of burglaries took place during the day and 42.6 percent at night.
* Have secure locking devices installed on all windows.
ry year the Federal Bureau of Investigation releases a crime statistics report entitled Crime in the United States Air Yeezy 2, which represents crime reported by law enforcement agencies. The FBI’s 2007 report revealed a decrease of 0.2 percent when compared with 2006 data, an estimated total of 2,179,140 burglaries. Although this is a decrease, homeowners should still be surprised. It is essential that homeowners be well informed on the nation’s state in regard to crime, in order to better prepare themselves and prevent further advancement of crime.
Here are some additional statistics released by the FBI’s 2007 report:
* Install security lights, motion sensor lights and patio or walkway lights wherever you can. A burglar does not want to be seen; therefore having well-lit areas will be a restriction to their break-in.
* An examination of 5- and 10-year trends revealed an increase of 1.1 percent in the number of burglaries when compared with the 2003 estimate, and a decline of 6.6 percent when compared with the 1998 estimate.
* Have solid, reinforced doors installed on all exterior doorways, including doors from the garage to the interior of the home. Make sure that each door is secured with a high quality deadbolt.
* Burglary accounted for 22.1 percent of the estimated number of property crimes committed in 2007.
* Of all burglaries, 61.1 percent involved forcible entry, 32.4 percent were unlawful\entries (without force), and the remaining 6.5 percent were forcible entry attempts.
* In 2007, burglary offenses cost victims an estimated $4.3 billion in lost property overall, the average dollar loss per burglary offense was $1,991.